Red Pili Pili
Create this classic congolese chili sauce. Perfect side for meat, fish and veg!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 170g Red scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ large white onion
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- In a blender, blend the scotch bonnets, sweet pepper, garlic, onion and water.
- In a pan, warm 3 tbsp of oil and add pepper mixture.
- Add salt and cook on low for 15 minutes or until excess water dries, stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Add lemon juice and place in a jar and allow to cool.
- Mix in 2 tbsp of oil and keep refrigerated.
- Serve and enjoy!