Smoked Paprika Roasted Plantain
Beloved across both African and the Caribbean, the plantain is instrumental many of our favourite snacks and sides. This recipe is healthy, delicious and requires no fuss at all.
Prep: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 ripe (yellow) plantain
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
- Make a 3cm deep lengthwise cut at the top of your plantain.
- Wrap each plantain in kitchen foil and place into the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cook for 40 minutes or until the plantain is soft and cooked through.
- To a bowl mix together the olive oil, smoked paprika and salt.
- Remove the plantain from the oven and plate.
- Drizzle the smoked paprika olive oil over the plantain.
- Serve and enjoy!