Smoked Vegetable Quinoa
Quinoa has been praised as a superfood. Not only is it healthy and delicious, it is versatile. Our Smoked Vegetable Quinoa is quick, easy and tasty.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ red onion, cubed
- ½ red pepper, cubed
- ½ green pepper, cubed
- 2 smoked garlic cloves, Minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cumin
- smoked salt, to taste
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Into a pot, the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa to salted boiling water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- On to a baking sheet, add red pepper, green pepper, minced garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, smoked salt and olive oil.
- Roast vegetables at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 5 minutes then turn and roast for additional 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove quinoa from the pot and sieve excess water.
- Add the quinoa to the roasted vegetables and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!